How bad a mistake can you make on your resume? Here are
some real-life examples:
- "My intensity and focus are at inordinately high levels,
and my ability to complete projects on time is unspeakable."
- "Education: Curses in liberal arts, curses in
computer science, curses in accounting."
- "Instrumental in ruining entire operation for a Midwest
- "Personal: Married, 1992 Chevrolet."
- "I have an excellent track record, although I am not a
- "I am a rabid typist."
- "Created a new market for pigs by processing, advertising
and selling a gourmet pig mail order service on the side."
- "Exposure to German for two years, but many words are not
appropriate for business."
- "Proven ability to track down and correct erors."
- "Personal interests: Donating blood. 15 gallons so far."
- "I have become completely paranoid, trusting completely
nothing and absolutely no one."
- "References: None, I've left a path of destruction behind
- "Strengths: Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining
- "Don't take the comments of my former employer too
seriously, they were unappreciative beggars and slave
- "My goal is to be a meteorologist. But since I possess
no training in meteroology, I suppose I should try stock
- "I procrastinate--especially when the task is
- "I am loyal to my employer at all costs ..Please feel
free to resond to my resume on my office voicemanil."
- "Qualifications: No education or experience."
- "Disposed of $2.5 billion in assets."
- "Accomplishments: Oversight of entire department."
- "Extensive background in accounting. I can also stand on
- Cover letter: "Thank you for your consideration. Hope to
hear from you shorty!"