- Large, loft-style apartments in New York City are well within the
price range of most people-whether they are employed or not.
- At least one of a pair of identical twins is born evil.
- Should you decide to defuse a bomb, don t worry which wire to
cut. You will always choose the right one.
- Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the
communications system of any invading alien society.
- It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight
involving martial arts: your enemies will wait patiently to attack you
one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have
knocked out their predecessors.
- When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your
bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.
- If you are blonde and pretty, it is possible to become a world
expert on nuclear fission at the age of 22.
- Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down
three days before their retirement.
- Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their
arch enemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley
systems, deadly gasses, lasers, and man-eating sharks, which will
allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.
- All beds have special L-shaped cover sheets that reach the armpit
level on a woman but only to waist level on the man lying beside her.
- All grocery shopping bags contain at least one stick of French
- It s easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone
in the control tower to talk you down.
- Once applied, lipstick will never rub off-even while scuba
- You re very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you
make the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back
- Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German or Russian
officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German or
Russian accent will do.
- The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris. (or in
the case of 'Water Rats' - The harbour bridge in Sydney is always the
- A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating,
but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
- If a large pane of glass is visible, someone will be thrown
through it before long.
- If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate any
strange noises in their most revealing underwear.
- Word processors never display a cursor on screen but will always
say: Enter Password Now.
- Even when driving down a perfectly straight road, it is necessary
to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few
- All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large
red readouts so you know exactly when they re going to go off.
- A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from
- If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you meet
will know all the steps.
- Police departments give their officers personality tests to make
sure they are deliberately assigned a partner who is their total
- When they are alone, all foreign military officers prefer to
speak to each other in English.