- O'Reilly's Law of the Kitchen: Cleanliness is next to impossible.
- Lieberman's Law: Everybody lies; but it doesn't matter since nobody
- Denniston's Law: Virtue is its own punishment.
- Gold's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly.
- Handy Guide to Modern Science: If it's green or it wiggles, it's
biology. If it stinks, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work,
- Conway's Law: In any organization there will always be one person
who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.
- Cody's Law of Debate: Anything is possible if you don't know what
you're talking about.
- Stewart's Law of Retroaction: It's easier to get forgiveness than
- First Rule of History: History deosnt' repeat itself - historians
merely repeat each other.
- Finster's Law: No matter where you go, there you are.
- Lynch's Law: When the going gets tough, everyone leaves.
- Glyme's Formula for Success: The secret of success is sincerity.
Once you can fake that, you've got it made.
- Mason's First Law of Synergism: The one day you'd sell your soul for
something, souls are a glut.
- The Sausage Principle: People who love sausage and respect the law
should never watch either one being made.
- Harrison' Postulate: For every action, there is an equal and
- Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately
explained by stupidity.
- The Six Phases of a Project: Enthusiasm, Disillusionment, Panic, The
Search for the Guilty, The Punishment of the Innocent, Praise
and honors for the non-participants.