about mcshaneMy name is Tim Granger. Here are a few facts and photos from my life so far:
I lived almost all of my life before going to University in one house - this is my old room. When I was quite a lot younger, I used to look like this. We tended to spend Christmas at home, this is a picture of my and my dad at one Christmas.
We used to go on holiday including this memorable time on a beach. We went to America a couple of times as well, from the second trip I took this picture of a sunset over New York, and another picture of some of my family.
I also have been skiing quite a bit; this is a picture that sums up a bit of the appeal of this to me. When I was a bit older, I built a lego tower with Tim W, which was really cool - about 7 feet tall. People say I'm obsessed about my weight; I now provide conclusive evidence that this is not true.
Here are some pictures from my time as an undergraduate at Kings (in rough time order):
- A picture of our college chapel taken Michaelmas term 1994; you probably haven't even heard of it
- Here is a picture of me rowing over summer 1995
- Here is a picture of me rowing for CULRC, Michealmas 1995.
- Here is a picture of King's in the snow, taken lent term 1996.
- In pictures of the inside of a Transit Van on a trip to Valenciennes, Easter term 1997.
- Yet another picture of rowing - at henley 1997
- Some friends, taken in Marlow...
- ...and the next evening was spent in Wimbledon
After I graduated I started to work for the Computer Lab at Cambridge University. You can find out about some of my work related things at my lab home page. I worked for a year as a Research Assistant on the Measure Project, to do with resource allocation in operating systems. I then started a PhD in the same group in the Lab in October 1998, to do with optical networking.
I am blessed in my life to know two wonderful people called Caroline; here is a picture of the one I met more recently.